3/13/09

Need... or Want Just a Little bit



If you knew me at all or even saw me around in highschool it was safe to say I was living the 'hippie' idealistic lifestyle. While I still feel I embrace alot of these notions of peace and love (example #1 peace sign tattoo on my back) yet, I have grown up a little bit (example #2 the peace sign necklace around my neck... from Tiffany's).

So needless to say my interests have changed and my once all time favorite band, DMB, is alas not my favorite band anymore. I mean, I was uber obsessed w/ these men, saw them over 20 times atleast, listened to every album constantly, even planned my wedding around their songs... god I sound so lame.

Anyway, Marine's guy and I were discussing DMB on the way to school the other morning, and he lets me know that he doesnt think DMB could be anyones favorite band, they were good, but could never be a favorite. Ok, I'm kinda offended. I don't love them as much anymore, but I lost my musical virginity to these guys, im loyal ok. I wasn't about to get into a fight and convert him, so i stayed quiet, until now.

This all stemmed from my being bored and work and perusing the DMB site, and to my surprise found I could follow Dave on Twitter. I am not a Twitter-er, i think its boring, but now I am all about trying to get Dave to talk to me via twitter... if only I understood how to tweet like all those tweeters he is responding to.

So for now, as in this week and probably not much longer, I am back on the DMB wagon. They play in NYC on my bday and my roommates and I are trying to find tickets for the sold out show... so any leads are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment